Con-Serv Manufacturing is committed to managing health, safety and environmental (HS&E) matters as an integral part of our business. In particular, it is our policy to assure the HS&E integrity of our processes and facilities at all times and at all places. We will do so by adhering to the following principles:
We will comply with applicable laws and regulations and will implement programs and procedures to assure compliance. Compliance with HS&E standards will be a key ingredient in the training, performance reviews, and incentives of all employees.
RISK REDUCTION, PREVENTION, RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
We will seek opportunities, beyond regulatory compliance requirements, for reducing risk to human health and the environment, and we will establish and meet our own HS&E quality standards where appropriate.
We will employ management systems and procedures specifically designed to prevent activities and / or conditions that pose a threat to human health, safety, or the environment. We will look for ways to minimize risk and protect our employees and the communities in which we operate by employing clean technology, including safe technologies and operating procedures, as well as being prepared for emergencies.
We will strive to minimize releases to the air, land, or water through use of cleaner technologies and the safer use of chemicals. We will minimize the amount and toxicity of waste generated and will ensure the safe treatment and disposal of waste.
We will manage scarce resources, such as water, energy, land, forests, in an environmentally sensitive manner.
We will communicate our commitment to HS&E quality and to our company’s environmental performance to our employees, vendors, and customers. We will solicit their input in meeting our HS&E goals and in turn will offer assistance to meet their goals.
We will measure our progress as best we can. We will review our progress at least on an annual basis. We will continuously seek opportunities to improve our adherence to these principles and to improving our environmental performance, and we will periodically report progress to our stakeholders.
Con-Serv Manufacturing designs, implements and promotes effective, health and safety programs that strive for healthy employees, continuous program improvement, reduction of occupational injuries and illnesses and compliance with regulatory and company requirements. It is the company's expectation that all employees will conduct their duties in a safe manner, in accordance with health and safety practices, procedures and applicable regulations.
Con-Serv Manufacturing is responsible for establishing, implementing, promoting and managing safety programs and activities that enable continued safety improvement, injury reduction and compliance with applicable Federal, state and local requirements. Company safety programs have many elements and are developed in accordance with company policy and practices to address specific issues and needs within each operation. Safety programs developed under this Policy include:
- Supporting practices that are developed, reviewed and updated to provide guidance on safe performance of activities in the workplace and are reflective of changes in organizational, operational and regulatory needs
- Strategy and priority development and implementation of safety improvements based on risk analysis of work places, work tasks and related potential injuries and incidents
- Development of, and measurement against, specific Company safety performance targets and safety accountabilities for employees at all levels of the organization
- Ongoing assessment and review of processes, activities and supporting safety programs to gauge effectiveness and identify opportunities for continued improvement
- Consistency of implementation and compliance with Company and regulatory requirements
This policy applies to all employees of Con-Serv Manufacturing.
The objective of this policy is to clearly outline the roles and responsibilities of Con-Serv Manufacturing in carrying out its operations in a manner that limits the impact that the company has on the environment.
Under its Environmental Policy, Con-Serv Manufacturing commits to:
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant environmental laws, regulations, and standards.
- Sustaining the environment through responsible business practices which promote environmental stewardship with a holistic approach to the prevention of pollution.
- Ensuring effective and efficient use of natural resources, including energy.
Given the above commitments, Con-Serv Manufacturing is responsible for identifying and managing its environmental impacts through the implementation of an Environmental Management Plan that includes:
- Establishing responsibility for environmental management within the business unit
- Establishing environmental objectives and training to meet regulatory requirements and enhance environmental stewardship;
- Monitoring and reporting on performance and taking corrective action where necessary;
- Undertaking an annual management review to ensure performance is continually improved
This policy applies to all personnel and all functional areas within Con-Serv Manufacturing.
Access to our company policy manual : click here.